Society of Georgia Archivists Mentoring Program
The SGA Mentoring Program is designed to contribute to the success of SGA members by encouraging individual growth, creating a sense of community within the profession, promoting thoughtful and meaningful engagement with issues, and helping participants develop competencies that strengthen the position of individuals, organizations, and programs.
The goals of the Mentoring Program are to:
- solicit mentors and mentees for the program
- facilitate the mentor/mentee relationship
- create and maintain guidelines that will help the mentor/mentee relationship grow and flourish
- assess the program to ensure that it continues to be a viable form of professional development
- provide support for program participants if issues and questions arise
The SGA Mentoring Program facilitates mentoring relationships that last twelve months.
If you are interested in participating in the mentoring program as a Mentee, please complete the Mentee Registration/Request Form. Registrations/Requests for Mentors from the Mentor Pool are accepted on a rolling basis.
If you are interested in participating in the mentoring program as a Mentor, please complete the Mentor Pool Application Form. New mentors will be accepted into the Mentor Pool on a rolling basis.
If you have any questions about the program, please contact the Program Coordinator, Lynette Stoudt at firstname.lastname@example.org or Assistant Coordinator, Ryan Rutkowski at email@example.com.
Mentees and Mentors: see the attached SGA Mentoring Guidebook for helpful advice and suggestions to help make your mentoring relationships successful (SGAMentoringGuidebook_2011.pdf).