Society of Georgia Archivists Conference
Plans and Strategies for the Future of Archives
The Society of Georgia Archivists' Program Committee proudly announces the theme for the 2014 annual meeting: Plans and Strategies for the Future of Archives.
The Committee invites you to attend the meeting, to be held at The Classic Center in Athens, Georgia, November 5-7, 2014.
Plans and Strategies for the Future of Archives pushes archives professionals to reflect on the various theories, strategies, and the preparations that go into the new and innovative approaches we take in conducting our work. For the 2014 annual meeting, the Program Committee is seeking presentations on the following topics:
· Unfinished projects or those still in the planning stages, discussing ideas and theories that were or are being discussed, or completed projects in which there was a significant and interesting strategies and paths that were pursued.
· Plans and ideas on how best to tackle issues that face archives and archivists, thoughts on best practices and reviewing standards whether it be new approaches to processing, offering access, or advocacy. How are archivists being innovative and are there better ways to use our resources.
· Digital projects, virtual reference, changes to meet user needs, new considerations, and thoughts on how to create better ways to interact with users. How are archivists molding technology to our own needs and to those of our users?
This year's theme, Plans and Strategies for the Future of Archives, reflects the primary steps and considerations that face archivists when proposing new projects and programs.
PROPOSALS MUST BE SUBMITTED NO LATER THAN
Friday, May 2, 2014
Email proposals to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you to everyone who attended the
2013 Tri-State Archivists Meeting!
Many thanks to our 2013 meeting sponsors
Annual SGA Auction:
The SGA Scholarship Committee sponsors an annual auction that takes place at the SGA Annual Meeting to raise funds for the four scholarships offered. For more information regarding the auction and the work of the SGA Scholarship Committee, please contact Stacy S. Jones
The SGA Archives is still looking for photographs of past events and people to add to our archives. If you have photographs you would be willing to donate, please contact Meredith Torre
. Digital images, either born-digital or scanned from photographs, are welcome.
- 2012: Brave New World: Next Steps in the Archives Profession
- 2011: Real World Solutions: Policies, Procedures and Technology for Archives
- 2010: Archives in Transition: Current Issues and Future Trends
- 2009: What's Prologue is Past: SGA Faces the Future at Forty
- 2008: Archives in Focus: Describing, Sharing,and Caring for Photographic Collections
- 2007: Access, Outreach, and Description: Improving Archival Avenues to Collections
- 2006: Discovering, Sharing, and Preserving Our Stories
- 2005: Archives in Binary: Electronic Records, Digital Surrogates, and Business as Usual
- 2004: The Changing Face of Archives: Coping with Changes in Society
- 2003: Architecture of Archives: Tools of the Trade
- 2002: Politics and the Archives
- 2001: Newness and Renewal: New Users, New Material, and New Practitioners
- 2000: Meeting the Challenges of the New Millennium
- 1999: SGA: Thirty Years of Documenting Southern History and Culture
- 1998: Taking Archives to the People: Reference, Outreach and Public Programs