Jeremy Katz (Mentor #2017-02)
Reason(s) for wanting to be a mentor:
Throughout my career I have had many influential mentors that have opened significant doors for me. I want to pass this on and pay it forward to the next generation of museum and archives professionals.
As a mentor, I see myself as:
Areas of specialization:
- Long Arranger
- Audio/moving image
- Rare Books
- Records management
- Visual resources
- Oral histories
I want to help a mentee:
- Expand their core knowledge of professional issues, archival standards, best-practices, etc.
- Feel more a part of or connected to the professional community and SGA
- By providing advice related to building and navigating professional relationships (with supervisors, direct reports, co-workers, peers, etc.)
- By providing assistance with a specific goal (such as project, publication, presentation, grant submission, etc.)
- By assisting with the job search process by reviewing cover letters and resumes and helping to prepare for interviews.